Granola is a nutrient dense snack, breakfast or light dinner. This recipe uses Mediterranean flavors like olive oil and silan to add rich flavor and it is full of nuts and seeds. You can add halva for another layer of texture as well. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
3 cups oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup pecans (broken into pieces)
⅓ cup olive oil
⅓ cup maple syrup
⅓ cup silan
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a small pot, heat maple syrup, vanilla, silan and olive oil slightly.
- Mix into oat mixture
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and spread granola into an even thin layer.
*The key to success is an even thin layer so you get the same level of toasted yumminess
- Bake in batches for around 20 minutes or until just golden, it will get crunchy as it cools. Every oven is different so it may take a little bit longer or shorter depending, just keep an eye on it.
- Once granola has cooled, add halva crumbs just before serving.