Here is a delightful recipe for antioxidant rich, super clean chocolate truffles, rolled in halva crumbs. They are extremely easy to prepare and wonderful to have on hand for a delicious sweet bite.
¼ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup cocoa butter
pinch of salt
pinch of cayenne powder
*optional rose powder
- Bring water to a boil in the bottom of a double boiler.
- Meanwhile, shave the cocoa butter with a knife.
- Remove the double boiler from heat and place cocoa butter on top, stirring until an even and smooth liquid.
- Add cocoa powder, maple, salt and chili and stir until even. Do not allow chocolate to get cold as it will seize, so continue stirring over the hot water.
- Pour chocolate into silicone molds. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt .
- Place candies in freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Dust with halva crumbs and enjoy!
- For extra romance and heart opening benefits, dust with a bit of rose powder.